Thursday, September 1, 2011

This morning I had my 2 month post op check up and everything looks good he said except for the swelling.  He didn't say the swelling was really bad but would have liked it to have been less is all.  That plus I am still  having joint pain so he has me out of work til Sept 26th. but said I can go back to work sooner if I feel like I am able to and the swelling and pain has subsided.  He wants me to keep it elevated anytime I am laying around. 
I went to physical therapy yesterday (5th time) and they had me do all kinds of stuff.  They first started me off on the bike for about 8 min and then I went straight to the treadmill to walk for about 5 min.  This got the blood flowing and she went straight into some massaging of the ankle joint and bottom of the foot because both were very sore and tight (or swollen).  After that she was stretching my toes cause they seem to be the worst as far as being stiff and hurting.  After all that I walked around the room barefooted trying to loosen up the joint and to try and stop limping and hobbling.  It was very difficult because the toe joints hurt so much when the toes are brought backwards when walking.  I don't have the strength to push off with my toes either so walking makes it very difficult right now.  After that I played a game of pick up using my toes only and wow that was hard, its even hard for me without the injury LOL.  The day ended with some electric shock treatment and ice!!! 
I have been given the OK to walk crutch free and do whatever I can tolerate except running or anything impact once the swelling and pain has left.  After my check up I went to the YMCA and got in the pool for about an hour and walked forward and backward. This helped out a lot!  My goal is to be walking in a shoe with minimal limp by Sept 26th so I can get back to work and my training!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment