Saturday, August 27, 2011

Physical therapy going good

It's been 4 days of therapy so far and everything seems to be going good.  Therapist has been doing massage on the side and under my foot to try and loosen things up and that has seemed to help out alot!!  The last session I was at on Thursday the therapist tried a electric stimulation on the ankle joint and I think that really has loosened things up.  For the most part I am now walking (limping flat footed) without crutches.  The only time I use crutches is when I am going somewhere with a lot of walking or in the morning when my foot is very tight.  I use flip flops to walk around in because walking barefoot doesn't allow as much cushion and starts to hurt the bottom of my foot.  I have pain on the top and bottom of my foot when I walk or put weight on it.  I am unable to actually walk because my toe joints and ankle are still to stiff and sore at the moment but hopefully in about 3 weeks I will be good.
Aside from the injury, I have decided I am going to go to school to be a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) because I think I would enjoy it. Next semester I will start taking some pre reqs and getting them out of the way.  
Here is what the scar looks like today.  Still kinda swollen but not to bad huh!!







2 comments:

  1. Physical therapy assistants can work in nearly a dozen different types of settings, each with different focuses, clientele, expected and outcomes. Visit link for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete